During this phase of the process we would attempt to uncover any of the items that you might want us to know in order to be able to help you construct a strategy that makes sense.
- accepted risk
- products to avoid (if any)
- time frame expecations
- any personal items you want us aware of
It will be important at this phase in the planning that you divulge the who, what, when, where, why and who in an effort for us to really be able to guide you and help.
We find this part of the process to be the most important to get correct the first time. If we don’t have the proper expectations entering into our relationship then we often see it cause issues down the road.
We sometimes fly through this part of the planning process which is fine too but that is not the norm. Here is a short list of the items we would like to see you have ready for this portion of the process
- tax returns-2 years
- investment account statements-most recent
- business information including arrangements/ownership
- insurance knowledge or docs (preferred)
- any and all items you want reviewed